We are a proud member of the Student Care Dental Network, providing dental services to all students with a Dental Plan. We bill your insurance directly to save you time and money out of pocket.
Benefits of Being Part of UTM Student Dental Network Program
- The Student Network Dental Program comprises dental practitioners conveniently located in the Mississauga area. Their commitment to helping students provides you with the option of paying less for dental services.
- Your dental plan will cover 60% to 80% of your dental costs, and by visiting a Student Dental Network member, you’ll receive an additional 20% to 30% off dental services. This will enable you to have 80% to 100% of your dental costs covered by your dental plan.
- Savings for eligible dental services are calculated based on the Provincial Dental Fee Guide for General Practitioners in Ontario. If you visit a specialist for covered services, your reimbursement will process according to the equivalent General Practitioner fee.
- Your health and dental plans offer comprehensive benefits, ranging from drug, paramedical, dental, vision, trip, and accidental. If you register for both the Fall and Winter sessions of the academic year, your coverage will last from September 1 to August 31. If you are registered to begin your studies in the Winter session of the academic year, your coverage will last from January 1 to August 31.
- Depending on your registration, the plan provides extended health and dental coverage for up to 12 months, annually from September 1 to August 31. These dental plans cover medical expenses that the provincial government does not cover. Therefore, they are supplementary to coverage under OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan) or UHIP (University Health Insurance Plan), not a substitute.
Who Do We Cover in the UTM Student Dental Network Program?
UTM undergraduate students who have a minimum of 3 complete courses in the Fall or Winter semester and have undergone assessment for the health and dental plan fees will automatically be enrolled.
At Sherwood Forrest Dental, we welcome all students from the Greater Toronto Area. We are particularly close to the University of Toronto, Mississauga Campus. We are the “closest” dental clinic from UTM accepting student dental insurance. You can stop by between your classes to take care of your dental needs, or you can contact us at 905-855-0076 to book an appointment today.